A Direct Cremation is a low-cost option to a traditional funeral. Your loved one will be brought into our dedicated care; they will be placed in a simple wooden coffin and will rest in our mortuary until the committal takes place at the Crematorium.
A simple cremation includes a short service at the crematorium. The service could take the form of quiet reflection for a small gathering or a fuller service hosted by a minister or celebrant.
We will return your loved one’s ashes to you (usually 3-5 days after the cremation), allowing you to organise your own personal memorial service (if you so choose). Alternatively we can arrange to have your loved one’s ashes scattered in the Memorial Garden.
Some of the reasons people choose Simple Send-offs are as follows:
- They like the personal, simple, fuss-free approach we provide
- They like the fact that our Simple model offers all the practical elements for a funeral at the fraction of the cost of a High Street Funeral Director
- They feel a traditional funeral is a ‘waste of money’ and would prefer to leave their money to others
- It suits the wishes of the deceased
- Many families like the flexibility it provides and want time to organise a separate celebration later
- For some, it is the only viable financial option
- It reduces the cost of repatriation
No, neither of these practices are permitted. Your loved one will be placed in an individual, sealed coffin with nameplate before the cremation at a licensed crematorium.
We are only able to maintain such a low price for our funerals by requesting payment in full at the time of booking.
We accept payment by Bank transfer, Debit Card, Credit Card and Cash.
In exceptional circumstances, for example, if the deceased is bariatric (obese), there may be an increase in the cremation or interment fee. This will depend on the individual case, but unfortunately extra fees of this nature are beyond our control.
Yes, please see our Prepayment Plans page for further information.
If you wish to discuss your personal requirements in confidence and with no obligation please call:
(0151) 630 0050 or 0800 246 5292